Sunday, January 2, 2011

Shhhhh... this is a library

I completed the second project that I need to help out with. I went to the Renton Library and helped out there. Tyler C. was the leader of the project. The job my team and I were given were to help people use the new self check in and self check out systems.
Many of you probably know how to use the self check out system but the system changed a bit.... as in it became more complicated. As for the check in system, it was located in the back corner of the library which was somewhat inconvenient for some of the patrons.
I was able to help out a number of people who were unfamiliar with the systems. I had the opportunity to work with people who ranged from frustrated and confused to being a regular user.
From this project I found it a great way to work on my people skills. Sometimes it is not easy to help and talk to everyday people you don't know. Most of those I was able to help appreciated the assistance. The experience also allowed me to help out the community. It was an overall good experience and the librarian invited us back if we ever wanted to do it again :)




No comments:

Post a Comment