Saturday, May 21, 2011

New Project!! ♪♫♪

Piano Tutoring

Hello all. I am introducing my second lead project!

Project time table: 5/22/11 - 6/12/11

Milestone dates: 5/27/11, 6/5/11, 6/12/11

Advisor: Giao T.

______________________________________________________

*Describe what I see as the end result of my project. What will it look/feel like? How does my project align with our mission ond goals as a class?

What  I would like to do in this project is to help kids in my community improve in their piano skills by giving them a piano help session. This could mean helping them on their theory and pieces for their recital, performances, or talent shows.  I would especially like to offer this to those I know who only could provide lessons for their kids on a minimal basis due to financial reasons. To me, it is my chance to use my talent to give back and help others. It is something I enjoy and have a passion for.

I know as a kid, while going through piano lessons, I went through a hard time where I needed extra help at home with practicing my pieces. I was fortunate to have a close uncle who helped me out and helped me improve tremendously. Now I want other kids to have the opportunity too.

*What are the obstacles and or challenges that you are anticcipatng when working on your project?
♪ I need to find an easy way for the student to understand what I'm trying to bring out in their piece
♪ sometimes getting the student to focus could be a challenge (as seen in my previous project)
♪ I need to explain my thinking on how they could improve their piece in a clear manner
♪ getting the student to play it with their feelings (dynamics, technique, phrasing, etc..)

*What are the milestones I am going to meet?
by 5/27/11 - I would like to ask various people if they would like me to help out and schedule the lessons by then.

by 6/5/11 -  I would like to have part of the lessons done by this time.

by 6/12/11 - Finish all the lessons

*How will I ensure that I reach my project milestones on the dates listed above? How do I think I will overcome these foreseen obstacle?

I will ensure I reach my project milestones by not procrastinating and keeping a planner/schedule so I could keep track of everything. I would also start as early as I can and not wait until the last minute to fulfill my milestones.
I think I will overcome the foreseen obstacles by just realizing ahead what is going to stand a challenge. since I do not know what the student will be like, not much is in my control right now. I could gather any books or resources I might need to refer to now. Once I have scheduled a student, perhaps I could ask them their musical background so I know what I may want to teach them or help them with.
*What materials am I going to need to be successful in my project?
Well, I just need a piano. And I have taken piano for about 12 years now. I may need some theory books to help me when a student needs to understand theory.
*How many people will need to help me in my project?
I will be able to do this myself with the supervision of my advisor.

*What is my plan to hold myself accountable for the success of the project?
My plan is to stay on top of everything. I am going to start finding people and planning out lessons as soon as I can. Futhermore, I need to make sure beforehand that all of the materials I need are with me so that I am prepared as well. After each lesson, I would also blog about it so I could be updated.

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know if there's any way I can help with your project.

    ReplyDelete